Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The Past And The Future

by Mike -

I never tire of thinking about great events from the past and anticipating things to come. Here are some pictures from the recent Monterey Car Week and Hillsborough.


A Lamborghini Miura SV at Concorso Italiano.

I am going to a car show this weekend in Danville, California, although I am not showing a car, a friend and I will drive the Iso Grifo. It always draws a crowd in the parking lot.


The Iso Grifo, above, on the beach in Pacific Grove, near Pebble Beach.


Looking through the Iso Grifo dew covered windshield as we drive onto the field at Concorso Italiano.


I love the green color of this Maserati Ghibili at Concorso Italiano.


The new silver Jaguar super car on the lawn in front of The Lodge at Pebble Beach.



The red Alfa Romeo Zagato in front of The Lodge at Pebble Beach.


A Fisker sitting unattended in a back parking lot at The Lodge at Pebble Beach.


A picture of Paul Turek taking a picture of Valentino Balboni and me with the Bizzarrini at Concorso Italiano. (Photo by Rebecca Fuller).



Two Bugattis at the Hillsborough Concours d'Elegance. I think you all know that the Bizzarrini won the Owner's Choice Award at this event - beating out even these two magnificent Bugattis.

I am planning to take both the Bizzarrini and the Iso Grifo to the Niello Concours at Serrano on October 2. It is a long drive for me but they will have a display for Iso and Bizzarrini cars so I cannot miss that.


The Iso Grifo and the Bizzarrini GT 5300 waiting to go.

Please share your comments with me and other readers.

Click on the images for a larger view.


Above is the view as I enter the Bizzarrini.


I never tire of this view.

Subscribe to My Car Quest by email, go to the top of the page on the right side and enter your email address.

No comments:

Post a Comment