Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Ariel Atom - A Motorcycle With Four Wheels

by Mike -

I wanted an Ariel Atom so bad once that I bid on one on eBay and eventually lost. My wife does not know that but now she does because she reads My Car Quest everyday.




The Ariel Atom to me is a motorcycle with four wheels - and thus theoretically safer.


The Atom was developed in the UK by Nik Smart at Coventry University.



The Specifications Summary:

0-60 mph : 2.8 seconds (manufacturer's claim)
Top Speed: 155 mph, 250 km/h (155 mph, 249 km/h supercharged)
Power: 245 bhp (183 kW; 248 PS) @ 8200 rpm (300 bhp supercharged)
Torque: 210 N·m (150 ft·lbf) @ 6100 rpm
Weight: 455 kg (1,010 lb)
Transmission: Honda six-speed with reverse
Engine: 2.0L Honda K20A1, 4 Cylinder, i-VTEC - their are options on the engine
Manufacturer: Ariel Motor Company Ltd

In this Video below Jeremy Clarkson of Top Gear tells you what he thinks.


Please share your comments with me and other readers.

These pictures were taken at The Danvile d'Elegance. Some photos by Michael Menetto.

Click on the images for a larger view.


Subscribe to My Car Quest by email, go to the top of the page on the right side and enter your email address.

No comments:

Post a Comment