Friday, September 9, 2011

Interesting On The Internet Today: Zagato, Maserati, Ferrari, Abarth, Mercedes

by Mike -

I surf around the Internet everyday and today there were three items that caught my attention.

Ferrari

A One-Off 1954 Maserati A6G/54 Zagato Spider "Specially built for Argentina’s Juan Peron, the car is the only open version of Maserati and Zagato’s ‘gentleman racer’ coupé collaboration." according to Classic Driver.

This car and many others were at 'Uniques - Special Ones' 2011 - a car show and event in Italy that reminds me a little of The Quail, A Motor Sports Gathering in Carmel. It is expensive, 250 Euros, has great cars, food and wine.

This Ferrari 250 GT Zagato wins Best of Show

Next Jay Leno finds a 1955 Mercedes 300SL Gullwing Coupe in a storage crate. Read about it at Jay Leno's Garage.


Jay says, "It was an old race car that its owners put in a storage container out in the California desert in the late 1970s. And the Mercedes just sat there for decades. I’m only the third owner. And that makes it special."

And he continues, "We’re restoring the mechanicals and the instruments on my Gullwing, but we’ll leave the worn interior and exterior alone...At some point, we will restore it completely."

I hope Jay read my article "Car Collector Clichés And Contradictions".

And finally a unique Abarth for sale here. This is a 1955 Abarth 207/A No. 001. The seller says "body by Carrozzeria Boano to a Michelotti design".



At Disneland

Please share your comments with me and other readers.



Click on the images for a larger view.

Subscribe to My Car Quest by email, go to the top of the page on the right side and enter your email address.


No comments:

Post a Comment