Thursday, April 7, 2011

Old Car Magazines Are So Interesting

by Mike -

This classified ad is from the April 1971 issue of Road & Track. I am not sure what this car is all about (a "Ferrer" GT with a Porsche 912 engine) but I feel sorry for the seller being drafted.


Does it look like this Fiberfab kit car from the October 1968 issue of Car and Driver? Look at the car.


Click on the images for a larger view.

The ad below is from the March 1969 issue of Road & Track. Did anyone actually buy this? I really want to know.


2 comments:

  1. LOL @ the March 1969 issue of Road & Track! I'm pretty surprised that, even decades ago, girls and cars were combined for effective marketing! Where did you get these old magazine copies?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stelle,

    Women have been used to market cars for a long, long time. I buy these old magazines on the Internet. I have been thinking of writing an article on this very subject.

    ReplyDelete