Friday, April 22, 2011

My Bizzarrini GT 5300 Poster

by Mike -

I like factory car posters. I have two Shelby Cobra factory posters from the 1960s, a Ferrari factory poster from 1994 and a rare DeTomaso Mangusta poster issued in conjunction with Shelby from the 1960s.


However, I do not have a Bizzarrini factory poster because Bizzarrini did not make a factory poster, as far as I know. So, I commissioned a poster that, in my opinion, could have been a Bizzarrini factory poster from the 1960s used to promote the Bizzarrini GT 5300.

I was introduced to Heather LeBas, a local young artist. Heather and I worked together, by email, over the course of a few weeks designing this poster which she then painted in oil on poster board.

It started with my selection of a photo of my Bizzarrini GT 5300 which she turned into several sketches. I selected this one below.


I then laid out the text and logo on her sketch. I was inspired by the Shelby Cobra posters and the text style was modeled on my Bizzarrini Owner's Manual.


She went to work for about a month and the beautiful result is below. Heather is on the left.


You can watch Heather create this poster in the video below. Isn't it amazing how fast she paints?






Click on the images for a larger view.

Below are images from the Bizzarrini Owner's Manual which were used as a model for some of the text.




No comments:

Post a Comment