Friday, October 21, 2011

The Best Car To Pull The Ferrari Race Car

by Mike -

In The Ferrari 250 GTO Mystery Is Solved article there is a picture of Bev Spencer standing next to Ferrari 250 GTO No. 4219 on a trailor at the Del Monte Lodge in Pebble Beach.

Pulling the trailer is a 1963 Buick Riviera. This makes sense because Bev Spencer was a Buick dealer and what better car to pull the Ferrari race car than a Buick Riviera?


1964 Buick Riviera

I have always loved the 1963 through 1965 Buick Riviera and I suspect that I will own one someday. I owned a 1965 Riviera HO scale slot car when I was a kid and I have never forgotten that slot car, it was quick.


This 1964 model has a trailer hitch - ready to go to the track.



Beautiful interior - not typical for 1960s American cars.

1965 Buick Riviera

Notice the headlights in the 1965 model above are hidden in the clam shells.

Please share your comments with me and other readers.

Click on the images for a larger view.



Subscribe to My Car Quest by email, go to the top of the page on the right side and enter your email address.

No comments:

Post a Comment