Monday, July 11, 2011

Convertibles At The Marina

by Mike - 

This past weekend we went to a car show at the Marin Yacht Club. It was a small and friendly show. There were some interesting cars, I liked these convertibles.

1956 Chrysler New Yorker




The push button transmission is on the left.


Ford Fairlane



Ford Galaxy



Ford Thundebird


Buick Roadmaster


Custom


The first car that I bought in my youth was a Triumph TR6. Mine was yellow and I was lucky to have the little rubber bumpers for safety dictated by the US Government. I felt safer. 

This TR6 below does not have those bumpers.


Jaguars


Chevrolet Corvettes



As you can see all interesting cars are not Bizzarrini, Ferrari or Iso Grifo. There are even some that are not Italian. 

Here is the only Italian convertible there, an Alfa Romeo.


Click on the images for a larger view.



Subscribe to My Car Quest by email, go to the top of the page on the right side and enter your email address.

Some photos by Michael Menetto.

5 comments:

  1. That Triumph brings back memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, for me too but in mimosa yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mimosa yellow for me as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Driving one of those convertibles is like travelling back in time. What I admire about them is their long exterior, which clearly depicts 60s masculinity. And my favorite among them is the Ford Galaxy beauty because of its retro color.

    ReplyDelete