Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Corvette Stingray Concept Car - Sideswipe

by Mike -

I have not written about Corvettes before but I cannot resist sharing these pictures of the Corvette Stingray concept car that was featured in the movie Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen portraying Sideswipe one of the autobot characters.

I saw this car this past weekend at the Silicon Valley International Auto Show in San Jose, California and it was impossible not to just stare at this beauty.





I love this Stingray badge.





A little rust is on the brake disks.


Click on the images for a larger view.


2 comments:

  1. That's one of Detroit's big problems they have always come out with great looking concept cars, then build/sell something boring.

    They've lost the balls it would take to come out with something truly different and cool.

    Do you think the original Corvette would be produced in the mindset that exists today?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think US car makers are really trying to change. They lost their way from the mid-1970s until recently.

    I also saw the new Camero at this car show and was impressed with the styling and the interior. I have always been disappointed with US interior quality and style.

    ReplyDelete